12.30.2006

Christmas Break Movie Watching

It sure has been a long time since I posted last, I guess I’m on the blogging hiatus that most of the other bloggers are on too.

I’ve been watching a lot of movies lately in an effort to catch up on what I missed during the semester. So far, since Finals I’ve seen the following movies:
Thank You For Smoking – A great movie, very funny. 3 (of 4) stars
Sopranos Season 6 Vols. 1-4 – The first few episodes sucked ass, but it seems to have gotten better as it went along. I’m still waiting for the rest of the season but it doesn’t look like it will be out by the time school starts up again.
Click – An interesting movie, not what I was really expecting form an Adam Sandler flick. Had plenty of funny moments, but the plot twist made it too serious of a movie, IMO. 2.5 stars
Failure to Launch – I DID NOT pick this movie. It sucked even more than I thought it would. Is it possible to give negative stars? It’s my rating system, so yes: -2 stars
Lucky Number Sleven – A good movie with an interesting story. I might have thought it better had the casting not been so odd. I had a hard time seeing Morgan Freeman and Sir Ben Kingsley as opposing mob bosses. 3 stars
Little Miss Sunshine – Not what I was expecting. I thought this was going to be a comedy, but I thought it more a drama with a lot of comedic relief. A very good movie with a hilarious ending: 3.5 stars
Talledega Nights – Much better than I thought it would be. It was a very funny movie. 3 stars
Clerks II – One of the funniest movies I’ve seen in a long time. There is definitely something to offend every one. The first Clerks is one of my favorite movies, Clerks II, is a good follow up, but doesn’t have the same (e.g. low budget, independent, experimental, etc.) feel as the first. 4 stars
Fearless – Ever since Hero, I’ve become a Jet Li fan. This is a great movie with a great story. Very character driven unlike Hero which, IMO, was story driven. 4 stars

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No doubt Jet Li has some skills, but I can't stand the smug expression that permanently inhabits his punum. I find myself rooting against him no matter what movie he's in.