12.06.2006

And thus continues…

…the stupidest tradition in law school. I’m speaking, of course, of the tradition of clapping for your professor at the end of the semester. I still have no idea how this started or why it even continues.

This semester isn’t as bad as last year since I actually like most of my professors. There is one professor that I’m glad I took. He was a great teacher and a real credit to the law school. I think that the same clap that all the other professors get is simply inadequate. So, if you are in that class with me, join me in an Arsenio Hall style whoo-whoop-whoop!

--------------------

Yet another reason to hate Westlaw.

This was my Westlaw Trivia question:
Question: To search for cases referring to psycho, psychotic or psychopathic clowns, you should search:

These should have been the options:
A) under your bed
B) in your nightmares
C) in your suppressed memories
D) all of the above

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the tradition of clapping for a professor at the end of the semester sucks. It always seemed so awkward and forced. But it's still not as bad as clapping at the screen at the end of a movie.

Hawk McGee said...

I do like the tradition of clapping when the plane touches ground (which so far I have only experienced in Europe).

Anonymous said...

I've experienced the plane thing in the U.S., but I can't say I like it, as it's only happened to me when the fact that the plane landed without incident was notable.