4.24.2007

Unemployment sucks

Yes, it sucks the Big One.

It appears that the job I thought I had for the summer has fallen through, so I don’t think it would be an exaggeration to say that I’m the only 2L who still has no job. This sucks big time and I have no idea what to do. If I don’t find something by Friday I may have to resort to blind calling attorney’s from the yellow pages and beg for work.

The only thing I’m fairly certain of is that this summer I won’t be in Austin.

I suppose I could register for Summer classes, but I don’t think that would benefit me very much. You see, I’ve made some commitments that are year long in Austin, so even if I graduate in December, I’ll still have to be around the school taking care of things I thought I’d be a student to do.

Man, this bites. Bites hard.

I need a (few) drink(s).

If anyone out has any ideas about how a desperate law student can find employment, please post a comment or email me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

did a firm job fall through? i've never heard of a rescind.ed offer before employment started

Ex.Coll. said...

No, not a firm gig. I had an informal agreement (I know, informal=uncertain so I shouldn't have counted on it, but I did) with someone that now appears to have fallen through.

Anonymous said...

you are not alone

Anonymous said...

This seems to happen to (good) people every year. But usually something pops up. I'd tell the CSO your sob story and start putting the feelers out. Also, you should tell your plight to the profs. You should be able to land an RA job of some kind, which wouldn't be a bad thing on your resume.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

You should also keep tabs on Symplicity. I go there daily because of my own unjobness, and I wrinkle my nose in displeasure at all the summer clerkship listings. But as those are exactly what you're looking for...