4.19.2007

Just Curious…

…why someone who has a blog would post things and then later pull them.

I would assume that the majority of regular readers come by the blog to see the author’s thoughts, observations, opinions, or, in my case, the occasional incoherent ramblings. In reality, I have no idea why anyone would come to this blog. Why then, would a blogger write something and later take it down. I have considered taking down posts I’ve put up in the past, but pretty much see it is trying to un-ring the bell and, to the best of my memory, have never done so.

What’s the point of this post? I don’t know. I guess I’m being too preachy and offering unsolicited advice when I am the last one who should be giving advice on blogging. I guess my final thought on this is, think twice, then think twice again before posting. Now, take care of yourselves – and each other.

4 comments:

Hawk McGee said...

that low down dirty bastard. what kind of low life scum would ever do such a thing? I can't believe that still happens in this day and age. tell me who it was, so I can give him or her a piece of my mind. tell me. TELL ME!

um, by the way, was it me?

Ex.Coll. said...

I wasn't directing my post at anyone in particular, it just seems to happen with some amount of frequency on the blogs that I follow. Most probably wouldn't notice, but since I chronically avoid studying, I check blogs several times a day.

Maybe I should just pull my post.

Paragon2Pieces said...

I'm definitely guilty of pulling posts from time to time... I do it when I realize that I need to think a little more about what I've said before forming an opinion (or in the case of the debacle that is my personal life, I'll take down a post if other ppl mentioned in the post ask me to do so).

Anonymous said...

I've pulled posts before. Usually for the exact reason you touched on-I thought twice again only AFTER hitting the "Post Entry" button. Does it erase the post from the minds of readers? Of course not, so questioning why one would do so is legit.

I never fully erase though. I just make it private. I like having a complete record of my blog, premature posts and all.