4.17.2007

Legal Marketing

I’m sure I’m not alone in noticing how horrible the legal profession, as a whole, is at marketing. Sure, most BigLaw firms are pretty good especially when it comes to websites, but I’m talking more about small firms.

Take the image below which I stole from a small firm’s website. They picked a nice one for the family law section, but couldn’t they have picked a better photo for their criminal defense section?

It seems to me that the image you should use should be one that engenders sympathy. You see the happy family and if you need a family lawyer, you might think “gosh darn it, I want my family to be like that so I’m going to hire this firm.” Makes sense, right? Then how do you explain using a line of cocaine to promote your criminal practice? I suppose it could have been worse. After all, they do mention “sex crimes defense” so they could have shown a dirty old man with a lollipop calling a little kid.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: