4.23.2007

Eliminating finals

At the risk of sealing the Debaucherous One’s thunder, I think I came up with an idea to eliminate finals. Someone told me one of his classes was changed to pass/fail status a few weeks ago once a significant breach of anonymity occurred.

My idea is to have a large portion of students in any given class email the professor their exam ID. You would have to make sure the ID is in the subject field so the prof can’t get out of this by saying he didn’t open the email. Of course not everyone will do this, since the people who have been outlining since February are confident in their A+, but I’m sure there has to be some critical point in which the anonymity s sufficiently compromised so that the class has to be changed to pass/fail.

Who’s with me in testing out my theory?

No comments: