4.01.2007

Time for a change.

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking, mainly over the last 20 or so hours.
My law school life sucks.
I have en enormous workload that I just don’t care about (see a previous post I’m too lazy to link to).
I have a seminar paper I have done no work on due in roughly a month.
I ran for a position in a student organization and lost miserably.
My journal work has been returned to me because I did it all wrong and the EIC asked if I was planning on staying on the journal.
I have no job.
I have no prospect for a job.
I don’t even have hope for an interview.
My GPA has me on academic probation, or whatever the hell they call it here.
CSO has suggested a take the summer off to relax.
The three classes I really want to take in the Fall all conflict.
I spend more time writing lame posts on my blog than I do preparing for class.

I know, you are probably thinking, why doesn’t this guy just quit bitching?
You’re right. I need to quit bitching. What is it they say? “Shit or get off the pot.”

If there’s one thing my Dad didn’t raise, it’s a quitter. So I won’t quit. I withdrew all my class selections for the fall and I don’t plan on returning after this summer.

I don’t see this as quitting, because I can still use the classes I’ve taken. I found a great school here in Austin that will let some of my classes carry over for credit. I’ve checked it out with the State Bar, and it looks like it’s on the up-and-up.

Wish me luck in my new endeavor.

I don’t know if I will keep up the blog in the Fall, so I want to thank my regular readers for the support you’ve given me in the past. I hope that I can still count on your ongoing support and well-wishes. If I choose to post elsewhere, you’ll have to Google it, I just can’t stand the thought of reliving these last two years.

-Ex.Coll.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Sorry to see you go...

Anonymous said...

This is a pretty big decision. I think what you should do instead is take a temp job teaching LSAT Prep courses and just mull it over while you watch the parade of idiots who just can't quite decide whether it was an asteroid that killed the dinosaurs or not.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how to read this post, seeing as though it was put up on April Fool's Day. But, if you weren't kidding, best of luck to you.

Please keep the blog though. I'd personally rather read about somebody who jumped out of the law game than somebody who stayed in. It is, afterall, a temptation I know well.

Ex.Coll. said...

Thank you all for your concern

Ex.Coll. said...

:-)
I’m not sure if I should be proud or sad that I was able to convince people I was going to quit law school (after two yearS, no less) and become a paralegal by going to a school called the “House of Tutors.”