1.23.2007

Scientologist Comments

I saw the comments to my last post and couldn’t come up with a good response. At first I thought I’d try a funny reply, but what if Greg Churilov was serious? What if he was offended? After all, they can’t really think that Tom Cruise is Christ? What if they do think that he’s Christ? (What if he knows what “libelous” means?)

Then I thought it would be best to be serious and apologize for any offense I may have caused. Of course I would have tried to work in a subtle joke or two.

Then I thought I’d just say nothing at all.

Then I thought I’d do a simple “LMAO” reply.

I decided to think about it over dinner. So I swung by a Taco Bell to ponder what to do. That’s when it happened.

They brought out my order and I saw this.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well now the real test: maybe there's a Scientologist amongst your readership and that person is about to unleash the hounds. After all, you just mocked their gentle rebuke. You could be in for the old tar and feather treatment, or maybe they're going to slip some harsh engrams into your Don Juan. Or maybe you'll get the same comment and we'll know it was a form comment. Whatever it is, I'm glad it's going to happen to you and not me.

--still anonymous for safety.

Ex.Coll. said...

It’s a good thing I’ve kept this blog anonymous. No one at the law school knows who I am.




Oh wait… that's what I should have done. Damn.

Anonymous said...

Tom knows. He knows all.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh the aliens are going to get you now!

Anonymous said...

Alright, ExColl.
I get your point. I'm taking your posts too seriously.

But the thing is, the prejudice thrown at Scientologists is not really that friggin' funny. I have school-age kids, and I'd rather they didn't get picked on just because some tabloid keeps writing goofy bullcrap about us.

But I have no beef with you, brother. I was just hoping nobody would take this Christ nonsense for the truth, that's all.

best,
Greg
Scientologist and proud to be one
http://www.liveandgrow.org

Anonymous said...

And by "Christ nonsense" I am specifically talking about that article in relation to Tom Cruise.

Pleeeease let's not have some nut now write that we Scientologists are a bunch of heathens.

(sigh)

Greg
A sleepy Scientologist

Ex.Coll. said...

Glad you checked back in, Greg.