1.26.2007

Cigar News

If you care at all about cigars, continue reading this post:

CAO had been purchased by some company I’ve never heard of. Why have I never heard of them? Because, despite being the third biggest cigar manufacturer (in terms of units sold) in the world, they don’t make as single premium, hand-rolled cigar.

Generally, I’m not a fan of CAO cigars, but they do have a few very good cigars. They make a Sopranos line of cigars featuring a box shaped like a car trunk, but they are too expensive for me to try and I’ve not heard good things about them. I enjoy their eXtreme line of cigars, but I rarely buy them.

CAO is a very “hip” cigar and they are masters of product placement and celebrity endorsement in the cigar industry.

As somewhat of a side note, I do love the look of their “Cubist Ashtray.” I need to get one of those.

No comments: