1.01.2007

(no title)

I hope all had a great Christmas. Sorry for not posting the ubiquitious “Merry Christmas” post, but I just didn’t get a chance.

I did have a little something to say about the current state of Christmas carols. Enya has taken the award for most depressing Christmas carol with her rendition of “We Wish You A Merry Christmas.” Call up Alanis Morissette because that’s ironic. Before this song came along the award was held by John Lennon with “Happy Xmas (War Is Over).” While that may sound on it surface to be a nice cheery song about Christmas and peace, I just can’t get over the opening line: "So this is Christmas, and what have you done?" I feel like bursting into tears a screaming, well what the Hell have you done? Yes, I’m a loser and I haven’t managed to do anything significant this year! I don’t need your song to remind me.

No comments: