11.29.2006

A very disturbing image

I hoped to never have to blog about this, but I fear it is the only way to purge this out or my memory. I few weeks ago I saw what I believe was the most disturbing thing I have ever seen.

I thought that I would be able to suppress the image for as long as it took me to forget and I would never have to speak or think of it again. I was pretty successful in it’s suppression until… the friend I was with at the time mentioned it to me a few days ago. Since then I have been unable to get it out of my head. My hope now is that if I blog about it, and put it out for the whole world (the whole world = my three regular readers) to see, I can somehow purge it permanently from my head without actually talking about it.

The disturbing scene I had the misfortune of seeing was… homeless sex.

Yes, I had the misfortune of seeing two homeless people fornicating on a sidewalk. It was a pretty very disgusting site. I was in an area of town where many homeless seem to congregate. I was at a stop sign (the second car, actually) and I was looking around when I saw a homeless couple, sharing a sleeping bag on the side walk. Sharing a sleeping bag, face to face, facing each other, with movement in the mid section. Had that been all, I could have easily forgotten the image knowing that sex was likely but still not certain. But then I saw the guy moving around too much. The sleeping bag fell off. The worst part of the sleeping bag to fall off. There was then no doubt whatsoever. I saw a total of about one to two seconds, and it was the WRONG one or two to see. Without even knowing I said “they are having sex.” My friend turned, saw the scene and confirmed it. The car in front of me finally moved and I then ran the stop sign in an effort to get away from the scene as fast as I could.

I know that by posting this I am opening myself up to all kinds of comments that I am some closet homeless voyeur, that I’m just an ordinary perv, or that I’m somehow anti-homeless people. But I’m not, really I’m not. If I was a perv (not that there’s anything wrong with that (apologies to Seinfeld)) I hope that I wouldn’t be so desperate to troll around under bridges hoping to see homeless sex. As for being anti-homeless, I know that the homeless have needs and urges, just please don’t fill those needs and urges on the sidewalk during the day when traffic is around. Is that too much to ask? I think not.

I have a feeling that I’ll be deleting my first post very soon…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the Britney Spears naked vagina pictures are the grossest thing ever

Ex.Coll. said...

Luckily I missed those.

Anonymous said...

I wondered what you did with all those cigars.