11.09.2006

Generosity

Law schools have a reputation for being very competitive places and law students often have the reputation for being unwilling to help other students. I’ve heard first-hand accounts from people at other law schools, but I can honestly say I’ve never seen it or even heard about it at UT.

Just a few weeks ago, when it was discovered that a fellow student was in a car accident and was injured and lost her school work, other students took it upon themselves to help her out. Last year, other students were helping to bring a sick student’s family into the country for a visit they could otherwise not afford.

I had a minor setback this week, and was amazed at the assistance given to me by other students. Some I know are readers of this blog, I don’t know if others are. Whatever the case, I’m pretty sure you know who you are. To all of you I want to give you my sincerest thank you.

So my advice to everyone, is to always be willing to give a hand, you never know when you will need one yourself. You might also be humbled at the extent that others are willing to help you out.

No comments: