8.26.2006

Calm Before the Storm.

I enjoyed an ISOM Montecristo No. 2 last night. I few years ago, a friend told me he bought a box of ISOMs made the month and year he began smoking cigars. Since then he smoked one per year during that month. He made sure it was his favorite brand and volita. I decided to do something similar. Since I don’t remember what month I started smoking cigars, I just bought a box of my favorites at that time, Monte #2 and I smoke one a year every August. The one I smoked last night was 5 years old. The Monte #2 is a great cigar. Some purists will claim since the blend changed in 97, the new ones aren’t worth the time. I disagree. I’ve had a few pre-97, and I must say they were fantastic. However, the post-97s have been excellent as well. If I had the time (and money) I would smoke one of these nightly.

No comments: