3.26.2007

On Cigars

Just what this world needs, another overpriced cigar.
I never figured out what the deal was behind Gurkha cigars. I’ve been smoking for over a decade now, and had never head of them until Cigars International started pumping them up. I’d heard most of them were dog rockets, but I’ve never tried one myself. Personally, I couldn’t get over the butt-ugly artwork on the band. I mean it looks like a fat guy wearing a fez cleaning his fingernails. I’m sure they make a fine cigar, but their higher-end stuff is just too pricy for me. If I’m going to pay $15+ for a cigar, I’m going to stick with a brand I know (e.g. Fuente). Anyhow, they are now releasing what is going to be the most expensive cigar ever manufactured. The Gurkha Black Dragon. What’s the price? $115,000 for a box of 100. That makes the $300 a pop Cuban Dom Perignons seem like a bargain.

Oh, and by the way, if you want a box, you better order now, they are limiting the production to only (?) 5 boxes.

No comments: