2.07.2007

a long, long, long, long, long, long semester ahead

Last semester, by most measures, was a pretty shitty semester for me. By the end of the semester, I was beat physically, mentally, and emotionally; even my health was bad. One thing that got me through was the thought of this semester. I remember even telling people I was looking forward to the Spring, I was going to have good classes, classes I wanted, and with only one final and a total of 9 pass/fail hours, I thought this was going to be a pretty cushy schedule. I even have Fridays off and only two days with only one class meeting.

I was wrong. I was very, very wrong.

It is now the beginning of February, not even a month into this semester, and I feel like it’s late March. I’m struggling to just keep with the in-class readings and have done virtually none of the required outside research. I have deadlines rapidly approaching and little hope of accomplishing them without a minor miracle.

What the Hell was I thinking?

This may be the semester I abandon my strict “No law work on the weekend. Period.” rule.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After my first year (which was by far the easiest and most enjoyable of my tenure), it felt like each semester got progressively harder and shittier. This had something to do with certain classes, clinics, and a certain journal, but it wasn't what I expected. It's also why people should go abroad during their third year. Trust me, you're not going to regret missing the four extra classes.