10.09.2007

Restrooms

For over two years now something has bothered me about the law school, something I’ve never understood. Why is it that when the custodians clean a restroom, they always prop the door open? I found this to be most problematic in the library.

There are reasons restrooms have doors. Good reasons. I’m pretty sure everyone would agree that there are sounds that occur in the restroom that really should stay in the restroom.

I for one, always kick out the door stop when go into the restroom. Why doesn’t everyone?

-----------------

And while I’m on the topic. . .

What’s up with the men’s room on the 4th floor near the Civil Rights Journal? Why would they install not one, but two, urinals literally inches away from the sinks with no sort of divider? And why do people use them? Do you really think that I want to wash my hands while some guy’s taking a leak standing right next to me?

I suppose it could have been worse. After all there are three sinks and two urinals so it could have been sink – urinal – sink – urinal – sink.

---------------

A post entirely devoted to restrooms, how’s that for raising the level discourse?

1 comment:

Paragon2Pieces said...

the women's bathroom on the journal floor has a green pleather armchair in it. while it's not as creepy as the urinals next to the sink thing, i've always found it strange.