6.03.2008

BarBri Blogging

Yea, I know I’ve been behind on this blogging thing – I’ve got no real excuse.

Anyhow, I’d like to keep this up. I’ve even thought of a ton of things to blog about, but the place I’m taking BarBri doesn’t have WiFi, so no luck there.

Anyhow, I ran into someone today and we (of course) talked about the bar. I was given me some very good and reassuring advice. I showed that person the recommended schedule I was given and, much to my delight, I was told it was unrealistic and unnecessary. I was told exactly what I wanted to hear: just do some of the practice problems, know how to write a good essay, stay focused, don’t burn out, and go to the BarBri lectures. Not bad, maybe I can pass this damn thing after all. What this person described had been my outlook on this thing from the beginning. After that person left, it hit me – that person’s failed the bar… twice.

I’m fucked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think doing 75% of what BarBri asks is probably about right. While the Joe Jamail approach--aiming to pass with the minimal score and minimal effort--sounds great, it's better to go in with some confidence. Otherwise, your last two weeks are going to suck very, very badly. And, as you'll soon realize, your biggest motivation to pass the bar will be never having to study for it again.

Me? I gave BarBri the finger, took a particularly lame non-BarBri course, and skipped the PMBR stuff. I passed (CA), but it was stressful. I'd generally recommend doing BarBri and PMBR if only so that you can feel comfortable knowing that you're doing what everyone else is doing. I didn't trust my less than up-to-date course and ended up suffering a lot of anxiety at the end.

Anonymous said...

reliable pickup zorg readmission learns deadly technologyf cheap being universal patches
lolikneri havaqatsu