6.11.2008

The bar exam sucks

Yes I’m sure you all know that by now. I hate all the studying (and the guilt and depression I feel for not studying). But the thing I hate the most is all the attempts at encouragement people give me. I know they are just meaning well, but it’s going to make failing this thing feel even worse. For example, I’ve heard the following over the last few weeks:

“You’re the smartest person I know.” I assume she don’t know many people.

“I hear it’s hard, but you’ll do fine.” Well no shit its hard. If you think it’s so damn hard, don’t tell me I’ll be fine.

“Just think of the relief you’ll feel when you finish the test.” What relief? You mean the relief I’ll feel knowing that I won’t know a damn thing for 5 more months?

“Just stay positive.” Thanks for letting me know the secret to success is just positive thinking. Can I still get a refund from Barbri? By the way, I tried that “positive thinking” crap and I knew it wouldn’t work, and sure enough, it didn’t.

“I remember when I took my real estate exam . . . that was rough.” Fuck you! I don’t want to know a damn thing about your real estate exam. I don’t want to know about the week you spent after work studying, or the morning-long exam, or the fact that you were afraid to click the button to show you your score.

Sorry for this especially bitter post, but – no wait, I’m not sorry.

Well, if you excuse me, I have a bar exam to fail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

Chup

Anonymous said...

"I've been studying like crazy for my med school boards for two weeks!!"

STFU people - until you have a full day of Erwin Chemerinsky's video, no complaints!!

Preach on, ex coll.

-jennybelle

Anonymous said...

http://libertarianrepublican.blogspot.com/2009/02/australia-arson-suspect-arrested-muslim.html