9.25.2006

About time I posted something about School.

I guess it wouldn’t be a Fall semester without some sort of UT Blawg controversy. Last year it involved good old LonghornLaw. I’d give my take on the situation, but really, what’s the point? (Come to think of it, what’s the point of my Blog?)

UPDATE: I found one of the posts from last year’s incident I was referring to. It’s from a now defunct UT Blawg. Also, the second point is extremely important when filling out ConLaw course evaluations.


------------
In other Law School news, the SBA now has their Bar Review coordinators for the year. Congrats to anyone who cares about this stuff. For some reason I was curious and read the statements that were posted in the atrium by the candidates, (something I didn’t even do last year) and a couple things stood out to me:
1) Some people must have gotten high marks in Kindergarten for cut, paste, and glitter use. I suppose thy may have also gotten bad marks and have spent the 16 years since trying to overcompensate.
2) Someone actually wrote that they had 4 years of student government experience from high school. Not sure if she won or not, not sure if I care.

With these kinds of candidates, I can’t wait for the elections in the Spring. It should make all the crap form last year pale in comparison.

8 comments:

The Lioness said...

It's a controversy? Really? How lame. Eh, soon enough someone will sleep with a professor or something, and this will be long forgotten.

Ex.Coll. said...

Pretty sad how little it takes to create a blawg controversy, you should have seen last year’s. I guess “controversy” is too strong of a word. Is “conflict” better?

Hawk McGee said...

which controversy from last year are you talking about? pretty much everything we obsessed about as 1Ls seems like ephemeral fluff now. now that we have such Big Important 2L Concerns to be obsessed about, of course... harumph harumph

Anonymous said...

I noticed that cleavage seemed to be a key selling point among 1L strippers/SBA reps

Ex.Coll. said...

Hawk> I was too lazy to find the postings to link to from last year, but here is a synopsis: Ruth was complaining about the lack of quality and quanity of UT 1L Blawgs (this was, of course, prior to your truly coming onto the scene). A lot was said and posted about LonghornLaw’s site and the content. Names were called, pages were altered, etc.

Anon> that is always a good selling point. I still thought the bragging about HIGH SCHOOL (!!!) “accomplishments” was hilarious.

Ex.Coll. said...

Hey, whadda ya know, I found one of the posts from last year’s incident I was referring to. It’s from a now defunct UT Blawg.
http://mrdundon.blogspot.com/2005/11/i-have-learned-2-things-today.html#comments

Hawk McGee said...

oh, yeah. I think that last commentator was me.

Anonymous said...

The 1L SBA reps are strippers? That's fantastic...where?