10.03.2006

Reason I Regret Moving #4

This series of postings was formally called Signs I Moved Into A Bad Apt Complex, but with this incident, it goes way beyond being a sign. I am now completely in regret. First a bit of context.

Over this weekend, I spent over 20 hours in my car and drove nearly 1100 miles. It was not exactly fun. My travels took me through Austin, San Antonio, Houston, New Braunfels, and inexplicably, Luling (where, by the way, I learned that no matter how delicious it sounds, buffalo jerky is not good). Tonight will be m first night since Wednesday night that I will sleep in my own apartment. When I return, what do I find next to my door? A nice little note from the staff. I wish to God that I was kidding or somehow exaggerating this, but I’m not. I don’t even want to try to paraphrase what the note said so I’ll just quote the whole thing here:

Residents:
We have had several complaints about homeless people living in the woods on the back side of our property. We please ask all of you to be aware of this and ask that if you see anyone who looks suspicious in any way to please call the police immediately. We do encourage you to contact this office, but only after you have called the police to report what you have seen. We have also had several reports of cars being broken into. We would like to remind you to not leave anything of value in your vehicles at any time, day or night.
Again we ask that if you see anything suspicious to please contact the police before you call the office, as they can better assist you than office personal. Our staff is doing all it can to help prevent this, but it is imperative that all of you be part of the solution. With all of your help, we can make this a better community for everyone!


What makes the situation worse is that when I came to look at the property I noticed the woods and thought that it would be nice to have an apartment that faced the woods since that would be quieter than the parking lot.

Why, oh why, did I move???

Oh, and by the way, OU still sucks.

5 comments:

Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for unwanted cars caboolture
cash for unwanted cars beenleigh

Hazel Donovan said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
car removal near me
car removal logan

Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
car wreckers sydney
scrap cars toowoomba

Max Cash For Cars said...

Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
sell my car logan
sell car for cash brisbane

Metalbiz said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
cash for scrap metal logan
cash for scrap metal ipswich