10.09.2006

Miscellaneous ramblings

If there was any doubt prior to Saturday that OU sucks, said doubt has been alleviated.
While I liked seeing OU get trounced just as much as any Longhorn fan, was this footage from the game really necessary? I just hope his parents didn’t think this was so cute that they saved a tape of it to play for all his future girlfriends.
------------
How cool is it when your case book has a paragraph length footnote describing a Saturday Night Live sketch? What makes this all the more unusual is that it was a sketch featuring Norm MacDonald and that I was thinking of the sketch as I read the case.
-------------
Now we have a real controversy! I’ve refrained from commenting on it because of the high level of attention given by other blogs (including the UT Law Blog of Record), but I feel it my responsibility to compliment the Dean on his message to the student body. I can honestly say that I’ve never seen the words “heedless,” “odious,” and “foolhardy” used within three paragraphs.

I guess that just goes to show my lack of culture.
--------------
And to you, Westlaw, I got your email but I have not yet gone to see if you made it to provide breakfast. Once bitten, twice shy, my friend. Once bitten, twice shy.

2 comments:

The Lioness said...

1. I agree regarding the sobbing sooner. Poor kid. He totally got beat up at school today.

2. Westlaw did provide what could be deemed breakfast, but it sucked. I posted about it. They're still in the doghouse in my books.

Ex.Coll. said...

Hell yea it sucked.
I wondered down toward the end of the event. I figured whatever they had would be cold. One of the reps told me I was getting a “sausage and cheese” thing. I thought okay, not bad, and then I took a bite. Apparently in Westlaw Land, Sausage = Hot dog weenie. If they are going to go Ghetto, why not just make some Weenie and Egg tacos? Uh-oh, I may have just prompted a message from the dean.