4.27.2008

SBA is trying to make its presence known

With comments like this:
“Why do LLM students trundle around the law school with rolling luggage instead of just renting a locker? It's impossible to say. As an immigrant myself, I'm going to guess it's fear of imminent deportation. I, personally, live in constant dread of being sent back to Ireland, where the Potato Famine is now in its 163rd consecutive year.”

First off, what the hell does this have to do with “Return Your Locker Key and Get $20!!” [never mind that it should read: Return Your Locker Key and Get Your $20 Back!!]?

Secondly, and I don’t know if 3 years of law school has just turned my sensitivity to super-high, but that comment seems pretty damn offensive. I was going to add that this was from the same class that brought us the infamous “Party” but decided not to.

At any rate, SBA will remain worthless, only now it looks like it will be worthless, annoying, and a douche about it. (Another thing 3 years of law school has thought me is how to use the word “douche.”)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

as someone who's generally pretty dismissive when people get unnecessarily aggrieved over imagined slights, that email from SBA managed to raise a red flag in my mind when I read it.

Anonymous said...

Is there anything worse than failing attempts at humor in front of a captive audience?

-jennybelle

(-who also realizes that might be the definition of her blog)

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed both of the emails that guy has sent.

I don't know him, but I think he might have found his calling.

I only regret that I won't be around to read the emails the next time someone touches a bat.