3.26.2008

I’m not an overly-sensitive guy

[I have been making progress on my movie list, but I've been lazy when it comes to typing my thoughts on them. I'll update that soon.]

Some who know me might even say I’m not sensitive at all. I must insert here that I’m checking my manhood at the door (and my ego will probably require me to pull this post within 48 hours). I’m not the sort to get emotional over things that might get others teary-eyed over. I will admit that on a very rare occasion, I’ll have to fight back a tear during a movie (see: Shane), I don’t remember every outright crying during a movie. Until last night when I saw Life is Beautiful. Damn that movie! It was excellent.

I’d never had any interest in seeing it, so I knew nothing at all about it when I picked it up. Before popping it into the DVD player, I read the first half of the back of the package and thought it was just a feel-good love story. And for more than half the movie I was right. Then it just got sad. By the end of the movie, I was actually crying despite my best efforts to suppress it. Ever since, then I’ve become super-emotional. All day, even the slightest thing gets me choked up. I hope this goes away soon.

Despite how good the movie was (and it really is a superb film), I hate it for what it’s done to me.

If you’ve never seen this one, you need to

No comments: