5.03.2007

I need help researching.

Please help as this is very important this time of year. I need more music.

As anyone who’s seen the music on my iPod can attest, I like all kinds of music. My taste in music has been called “varied,” “eclectic,” “diverse,” and “just plain weird.” However, despite this, I’ve always avoided two specific genres of music. I’ve never had a reason for avoiding them, I just did. That is, until now. Now, I’m hooked on both Jazz and Blues. I’ve bought several albums from old standards like John Coltrane, Miles Davis, John Lee Hooker, and B.B. King, but now I want more. Can anyone suggest good artists that I might enjoy? From what I’ve heard so far, I tend to like the older stuff more than the contemporary stuff.

Email or post a snide remark if you have any suggestions for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, Artie Shaw, Dave Brubeck, Grant Green, Cannonball Adderly, Bill Evans, and Stan Getz - for starters.

Anonymous said...

2nd on all those (*especially* Eavns). Others to look at: Charles Mingus, Chet Baker, Django Reinhardt, Charlie Parker, Thelonius Monk, Art Tatum, and on, and on...

For blues, check out Lightning Hopkins

Ex.Coll. said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I've enjoyed all that I've tried so far. It's perfect seminar paper music.