11.04.2007

Power naps and more Westlaw WTF

Power naps are a good thing. The only problem I have with them is keeping them short. I hate having to use some sort of alarm to wake myself up if I need a quick nap say, in the library. I have found the perfect solution. Nap Tracks. Just down load them, put them on your iPod or other MP3 player, play, and nap. The tracks play white noise that sounds annoying at first but it quickly blends in and off to dreamland you go. At the end of the track, the noise just stops. Usually that's enough to wake even me up, but if it doesn't the noises that follow will.
---------------
Proof that Westlaw is just messing with me:

1 comment:

A said...

If you use a Mac, there's a program called Ocean Waves that'll let you change the high/low pass of the white noise or modulate it (like ocean waves, more or less); you can just leave it playing and tell it to turn off after a certain amount of time, or have it turn on like an alarm, or save it to a sound file that you can burn to a CD or copy to an iPod. It's pretty slick.