9.08.2007

Law Mail

Cleaning out the old law mail box and came across these two gems:
......................
"I am delighted to announce that, due solely to the efforts of our Dean Larry Sager, Professor Burt Neuborne, a Professor at the NYU School of Law, has agreed to fly to Austin to teach federal courts here in the spring."

What, no mention on whatever role our fearless dean had in running off our current Fed. Courts prof.?

......................
"Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) and the Office of the Vice President for Employee and Campus Services (ECS) want to remind you that Austin has a significant bat population, and though they're really cute--bats are considered a high-rabies risk species and should NEVER be touched."

I think that's the best piece of advice I can give to all you 1Ls. I touched a bat once, but only because it was really cute. Sure it was fun, in retrospect, contracting rabies was probably too high a price to pay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad I wasn't the only one that had that reaction. that email was slightly over the top.

Ex.Coll. said...

I couldn't believe the tone of that email. One of the most condescending things I've come across at the Law School.