10.03.2006

Westlaw is Dead to Me!

Westlaw Sucks! Yesterday I get an email form Ashlea Allsup with the subject line “UT Westlaw Table - Get breakfast!” The email read: Come by and see your Westlaw(R) Representatives on Tuesday, 10/3, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., at the Westlaw table in the atrium. We will have coffee and breakfast!

So I head over to the Atrium around 9:15-ish, and all they have is free coffee. I go back at 10:20 and still only coffee. Hell, the reps weren’t even there.

Westlaw, nobody like a breakfast tease.

From now on, I’m all about Lexis. Westlaw, you’re dead to me.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

The Lioness said...

I wholeheartedly agree.

RCarreira said...

you think you have problems with Westlaw.
They sent be a $34,000.00+ bill claiming I utilized search engines all over the country.
My paralegal claims differently and everyone I talked to at Westlaw sympathizes but does not have any authority to deal with it. I indicated to them all the printouts were within my service plan, etc. and that my paralegal claims to have never seen any warning charge screens that would indicate an out of service data base was triggered. Westlaw takes the position that since they program the screens, they must be there, they do not care if I did not use the data bases, their information is correct and guess what, they will put in collections if I do not pay $24,000.00 immediately.(They were "gracious" enough to give me a $10,000.00 credit).
Does anyone else have these problems?